- Born: 4 Jul 1801, Withnell, Chorley, Lancs.
- Christened: 4 Jul 1801, St. Chad's Chapel, South Hill, Chorley.
- Marriage: Elizabeth Hunt on 7 Jan 1834 in Leyland, Chorley
- Died: 5 Dec 1878, Euxton, Chorley, Lancs. aged 77 79
- Buried: 8 Dec 1878, St Mary's Rc, Euxton Lancs.
Lived at Euxton village in 1841, then at Bouth End Farm, Burgh End Farm and Higher Buckshaw (11 acres) where they lived at Buckshaw Hall. Although Bouth End farm no longer exists and was not on the first ordnance survey map, the junction of the A49 and Euxton Lane has always been known by the locals as Bouth End. This gives a clue as to where it was.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Farmer.
James married Elizabeth Hunt on 7 Jan 1834 in Leyland, Chorley. (Elizabeth Hunt was born in 1811 in Walton Le Dale, died on 17 Feb 1891 in Euxton, Chorley, Lancs 79 and was buried on 19 Feb 1891 in St Mary's Rc, Euxton Lancs..)